Faster Metabolism = Greater Fat Loss
Your metabolism is one of the most important factors in your weight loss and fitness efforts, without a doubt.
Metabolism refers to the sum of all chemical reactions occurring in your body at one time, and represents the ability of cells to both make and break chemical bonds. In particular, your metabolism is your ability to break down substances (food) and produce energy.
Your resting metabolic rate is an especially important number, as it’s your body’s ability to burn calories and produce energy when at rest (when not moving or exercising). It’s determined by a number of factors, including genetics and lifestyle.
If you can increase your metabolism, including your resting metabolic rate, you’ll improve your body’s ability to burn calories and fat. Believe it or not, there’s a lot you can do to increase your metabolism!
This article reviews 7 tips to increase metabolism. These tips will get you that much closer to your weight loss and fitness goals, guaranteed! Take my advice, and you’ll burn away the fat!
7 Tips to Increase Metabolism
1. Eat a Solid Breakfast – The old adage that breakfast is the most important meal of the day is absolutely true. By eating a complete breakfast within an hour of waking, you’ll jumpstart your metabolism for the day and burn more calories all day long.
To get the most out of your breakfast, include a decent serving of protein like that found in Optimum 100% Natural Whey. A great breakfast option is these Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds, which are packed full of metabolism-boosting fiber and protein.
2. Exercise Early – Another great way to rev up your metabolism is to exercise in the morning. Whether it’s going for a run or hitting the gym, exercising in the morning will significantly increase your metabolism for the remainder of the day.
One easy solution is fitting in 10 minutes of jump rope in the morning. Check out this LCD Digital Jump Rope.
3. Eat Frequently – You may have heard this advice before, but did you know the reason behind it? Eating often throughout the day (for example, 6 small meals instead of 3 large ones) will keep your metabolism in high gear and prevent it from crashing.
4. Snack Properly – Part of eating frequently is having the right snacks on hand. You should always go for snacks that are high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats, as these ingredients take longer to digest and will keep your metabolism up. A perfect snacking option is these NOW Almonds.
5. Lift Weights – Weight-lifting and resistance training improve more than just your physique. They also improve your resting metabolic rate, because muscle mass is related to your body’s ability to burn fat and calories. I recommend fitting in at least 30 minutes of weight training 4-5 days a week.
6. Take Vitamin D – Recent studies have shown that taking a Vitamin D supplement, like NOW Vitamin D, while exercising and dieting will significantly improve your fat-burning efforts. Vitamin D has a direct impact on your metabolism, making it an easy and affordable solution!
7. Get Some Sleep – A big factor in keeping your metabolism on track is a good night’s sleep. Without adequate sleep, key hormones responsible for regulating your metabolism will be thrown off balance. If you’re having trouble sleeping, consider a natural sleep aid like Natrol Melatonin to get you back on track. You’ll increase your metabolism at the same time!
Which one of these changes do you think is going to help you boost your metabolism the most? Leave a comment below…