I love soup.. I’ll eat it all year long, that said there is nothing quite like a warm bowl of soup on a crisp fall day and that is just around the corner and this girl is excited! I don’t mean to rush summer along but the fall season has always been my favorite. This slow cooker chicken taco soup is delicious and so simple to make, to top it off it is zero smart points on WW freestyle! I used my zero point vegetable tomato sauce to help keep it a zero point recipe. Since there are no points in this meal feel free to add a few by topping it with some cheese and/or crushed nacho chips or corn chips.
- 1lb ground chicken (weighed raw)
- 3.5 cups chicken broth
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce *I used my zero point veggie tomato sauce, recipe linked in opening write up
- 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup diced peppers *I used red & green
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 30g package taco seasoning *see picture for my brand
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Cook the ground chicken in a frying pan on stove and drain. Place crockpot on high and add in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Stir in the cooked chicken, diced veggies, garlic and corn.
- Mix in the taco seasoning, onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Let cook on high for 4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- *Note- Feel free to add in black beans, I am just not a fan of any kind of bean.
- Makes 12- 1 cup servings, the only ingredients with points was my taco seasoning pack which has 3SP total, so 1 serving is zero points, 4 servings would be 1SP
- Soup will freeze well.
Smart Points- 1 using a SP calculator
Points PLus- 2 using a PP calculator
Nutritional info per 1 cup serving- Calories.. 101…Fat 0.8g..Sat fat 0g…Carbs 9.4g…Fiber 2g…Sugar 3.2g..Protein 10.7g using My Fitness Pal *Note- this includes all ingredients, old SP/PP were figured out before entering the veggies into the equation