Coconut is practically a food group when it comes to a whole food approach to the ketogenic lifestyle. So, consider these Mini Coconut Pies my contribution to the delicious bandwagon – a bite-size crispy coconut shell with a fluffy cream center.
They’re a perfect little dessert to serve at any dinner party. They’re enjoyable for ketoers and carb-lovers alike.
Mini Coconut Pies
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes to chill | Cooking Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 50 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 3g Net Carbs| 174 Calories | 13g Fat | 7g Carbs | 3g Protein | 4g Fiber
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Golden Ghee, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar-free vanilla bean sweetener
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease the cups of a 12-count mini muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, eggs, ghee, and 1 tbsp of sugar-free vanilla bean sweetener.
- Divide the flour mixture between the mini-muffin cups and pat into the bottom of each cup.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely, then remove the little coconut pie shells from the tin.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut cream, shredded coconut, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sweetener and mix thoroughly.
- Top each pie shell with about 1 tbsp of the cream mixture.
- Chill the pies for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with a little toasted coconut if you desire. Serve and enjoy!