Grits are one of the recipes I have missed since being on keto. Coming in at 38 grams of carbs per cup, grits do not make the cut for keto. This is where these keto brekfast grits come in. Made with cauliflower rice, hemp hearts, mushrooms, and cheddar cheese, these will not only cure your craving for grits but you also won’t have to sacrifice all those carbs.
These grits take less than 15 minutes to make, perfect for a satisfying breakfast before starting your day or heading off to work.
Yields 2 servings of Keto Breakfast Grits
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cup cauliflower rice
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 4 ounce cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 ounce cheddar cheese
1. Gather and prep all ingredients.
2. Place 2 pans over medium heat on the stove. Place half of the butter in each pan.
3. Add the cauliflower rice and hemp hearts to one pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. In the other pan, saute the mushrooms for 2-3 minutes, or until cooked but still firm. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper, and set aside.
4. Add in the garlic powder, salt and pepper, heavy cream, and almond milk to the cauliflower rice. Stir well. Turn the stove down medium-low, simmering until the mixture is thick. Add a small amount more almond milk if needed to prevent burning.
5. Turn the stove off and stir in half the shredded cheese.
6. Top with the sautéed mushrooms and the rest of the shredded cheddar cheese.
This makes a total of 2 servings of Keto Breakfast Grits. Each serving comes out to be 484 calories, 43.1g fat, 8.1g net carbs, and 17.8g protein.
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|2.00 cup cauliflower rice||50||0.6||10||4||6||3.8|
|0.25 cup hemp hearts||221||19.6||3.5||1.6||1.9||12.8|
|4.00 ounce cremini mushrooms||32||0.1||4.7||0.7||4||2.8|
|0.25 teaspoon garlic powder||3||0||0.6||0.1||0.5||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.25 cup heavy cream||202||21.4||1.6||0||1.6||1.7|
|1.00 cup unsweetened almond milk||29||2.6||1.2||0.7||0.5||1.2|
|2.00 ounce cheddar cheese||229||18.9||1.8||0||1.8||13|
|Per Serving (/2)||484.5||43.15||11.65||3.55||8.1||17.8|