I have been making this simple pulled chicken for a long time, it is one of my daughter’s favorite things to eat, which is a very limited list I might add haha, picky teenager so hence why I make it often. I never thought about adding it to the blog, I guess I thought it was too simple, but I think simple is exactly what people need these days, so here is it, my really easy slow cooker pulled chicken recipe. You can use it for sandwiches, in a wrap, top your favorite salad with it or make some yummy nachos with it, hey you can even eat it straight outta the slow cooker if that’s your thing! Makes 12- 1/2 cup servings at 1SP on blue & purple and 3SP on green.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast- approx 32oz, weighed raw
- 1 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the chicken breast in the slow cooker, I like to spray the bottom of mine with a little non stick spray.
- Mix the ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar and all spices together in a large measuring cup, pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7-8 hours, remove the chicken breasts and use 2 forks to shred the chicken, return to the slow cooker and mix well with the sauce.
- The sauce has a total of 15SP, you can figure out points per serving based on how many servings you want to divide it into.. I did points based on 12- ½ cup servings.
- Store in fridge, this chicken will freeze well.
Smart Points- Green- 3 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per ½ cup serving…Calories 118…Fat 2g…Sat fat 0.5g…Carbs 5.8g…Fiber 0g….Sugar 5.8g…Protein 16.2g using My Fitness Pal *Includes all ingredients