It’s been a while since I baked up a loaf and I was craving something sweet & decadent. This cinnamon crumble banana bread is delicious and that crumble is EVERYTHING! There’s not much sugar in the recipe but its all good because the crumble topping really sweetens up this loaf. Makes 10 servings at 4SP each on both blue & purple and 5SP on green when following MyWW.
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 large mashed bananas
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup milk *I used 1%
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnmaon
- FOR THE CRUMBLE
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp light butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular size 9×5 loaf pan with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk eggs and add in the 2 Tbsp of brown sugar, mix in the mashed bananas, apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, mix well and then pour batter into the loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix the ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon together, add to the softened butter and mix till a crumb forms, if it is still too sticky try adding a bit more flour.
- Sprinkle the crumble over top of the batter and then bake in the oven for 50 minutes, check that the loaf under all the crumble is baked through.
- Let cool then carefully cut into 10 slices, yes the crumble can be tricky and you will likely lose some while cutting into pieces but I just added my fallen pieces to my serving.
Smart Points- green- 5 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 144…Fat 2.4g..Sat fat 0.7g…Carbs 26.4g…Fiber 1.3g…Sugar 8.3g…Protein 3.8g using My Fitness Pal *Note- includes all ingredients even those with 0SP