Spring is on the way and you might already be thinking all things grilling! I use to buy the Trader Joe’s chile & lime frozen chicken burgers and enjoyed them however there’s nothing better than a homemade version..These chipotle & lime burgers are so tasty, they have just the right amount of spice to them but you can easily swap a few things out if you want to tone them down, change the jalapeno pepper to a sweet pepper and use a cajun seasoning instead of the chipotle .. I love spice so I wouldn’t change a thing and they are not too spicy I promise! Makes 4 burgers that can easily be frozen, 0SP each on both blue and purple programs and 2SP each on the green program.
- 1 lb ground chicken *weighed raw
- 1 Tbsp diced jalapeno pepper *If you can find chipotle pepper canned you can use that
- 1 small stock green onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Juice of 1 lime, *about 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp ground chipotle pepper seasoning *see picture, anything similar is fine
- Dash of salt & pepper
- In a bowl mix all of the ingredients together, there is no breading in this recipe but they still hold well together, you can add in a little bread crumbs if you wish however it might alter the points.
- Form into 4- 4.5-5oz patties
- I cooked mine on the barbecue, you can also cook in a frying pan if you wish..if using a barbecue mine took approx 20 minutes, turning a few times.
- Store burgers in the fridge, they will freeze well.
Smart Points- green- 2 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per burger… Calories 125…Fat 2.4g…Sat fat 0g…Carbs 0.8g…Fiber 0g…Sugar 0g…Protein 24.3g using My Fitness Pal